Thursday, July 24, 2008

tragedy...

We have had some interesting things happen to our friends the Chickens. At first I thought it was this:


But after looking at it Matt is convinced it was this:




But I am pretty sure that the only thing capable of doing what happened to our chickens is this:

So we are now down to only one chicken, the past two nights our mystery intruder has quietly attacked and had a midnight snack. We didn't hear a thing the first night, but last night Matt and I both heard the chickens squawking so we ran out to see our chicken struggling. Matt ran inside put on his boots, a head lamp and grabbed his bow. (Now if I was only smart enough to snap a picture of that!! White underwear and work boots are a great combination!) He saw the raccoon but I was terrified it was going to attack me, sorry Matt I am NOT a good flashlight holder!, so by the time he convinced me to come out and stand behind him the monster was gone. So Matt tried to set a trap but the devil outsmarted us and somehow finished off our chicken. Sorry to the neighbors who we may have woken up at 3:00 am. On a good note-miraculously the black one hid quite well, is unharmed and Saige is content with playing with only one now. Poor thing, its seen its nights of tragedy the past two nights.... We'll see what happens tonight.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Hello SCOTT SMITH...nothing like shooting a raccoon with a bow (or a rat with a shot gun!)...Thank you for the mental picture you created...I am sorry about your chicken. I hope there is one left for us to meet!

Heather said...

I know!! Jenni now I know how Lisa has felt all these years, but at least matt doesnt make me go first to get the bad guys like Scott does. Oh we have a funny family!

Abigail said...

You are down right hilarious! I love yoU!

Unknown said...

Racoons are scary!!!!! I wouldn't have gone near it!!!