Sunday, July 13, 2008

Irony....

After a few months of having our wonderful chickens, Matt so willingly donated two of them to some friends. We have six after all so who really needs duplicates, so we eliminated two that were the same and now we have 4 very different chickens. Saige hasn't even noticed, the other chickens are a bit somber (no complaints from me), and Matt was OK with it, until last night....
We were celebrating with some friends and Rich and Ashley asked us if we had heard about our chickens? Matt and I looked puzzled, I thought Oh no. They must have missed us so much that they went on a hunger strike and died, or tried to come back home and got hit by a car. Quite the opposite actually happened.....
THEY FINALLY LAID EGGS!
We have been waiting and waiting for eggs to appear, ( I am still not sure I will eat them but just to say I have fresh eggs makes me feel a bit more Martha Stewarty). I am convinced that it was the chicken that for the past two weeks has awoken me every morning around 5:30 to the sound of (for lack of a better phrase) a constipated bird.
Our other 4 chickens are not showing any signs of giving a fresh one for us, and Matt is quite devastated. So now I am convinced our chickens do not like us after all. I may even go as far as permitting Saige's bread feedings to twice a day, just to show them who is really boss
.

No comments: