Thursday, April 12, 2012

Tractor Time 2012




It must be Springtime! Our Dad pulls out the tractor to till the fields-which means TRACTOR RIDES!!


With two dirt fields next to the house he tries extra hard to keep them weed-free. He even gets people stopping by to ask him how he keeps weeds out!


Growing up, there was no tractor, we had to hand pick the nastiest, meanest, most stubborn weeds from those fields. So we were all glad that he loves his tractor.


But tractor time to us means rides in the bucket around and around and around the field.



Feeling the air in our faces, high up in the sky, and the waves and honks from those driving by makes us feel so special.



Seeing the smiles on their faces and the butterflies in our stomachs as the bucket quickly drops or tips are my favorite moments.



Secret talks that only Saige and I will remember.


About what she loves and cuddling under the blanket trying to keep warm.


Milo telling me his super powers and how he can drive the tractor too.



And seeing the calmness and joy on my Dad's face as he drives around makes me smile.



He really is just like a big kid with his toys.



Each time we get inside, it reminds me of our house in Hollister and the rides we had in his BIG BIG tractors.


As we jumped off my hopes for some memories for our kids of tractor rides, and good old fashioned fun were all around.


But most memorable may have been my footwear for the day- I helped mow the lawn and didn't want to ruin my shoes. So pulled out my dad's yard shoes. Hehe.


Overall it was a great day. Ending with swinging with my kiddos.


And crossing my fingers the swings don't break with me on them.



Yah for spring! Yah for tractors! And yah for memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments: