Sunday, August 28, 2011

Irrigation

To most people hearing the word irrigation I'm sure they think of water and mostly in the form of a sprinkler. Correct?!? (And if any of you in my neighborhood are reading this, I am sure you are wondering if our sprinklers are broken this year? No we have just been crazy busy- I'm sorry we have a nasty lawn this year!!)

Back to the story--
But the word irrigation to our family means a whole lot more!!!


Grandma and Grandpa Foote have the most amazing garden, remember the raspberry patch? Well along with the patch they have the MOST amazing garden and house and yard and EVERYTHING!!


Our sweet Grandpa has outdone himself for sure. He rigged up this perfectly planned and laid out system that waters his whole yard to perfection. It's quite amazing to watch and makes me quite proud of the amazing family we come from.





Isn't he cute?



The perfect garden.


Mimi and Ella met us there for a serious party. Grandma Foote doesn't do little parties either- my cousins Austin and Emma were there, Saige's new "boyfriend" and Grandma's neighbor, as well as 6 young neighbor boys were all there for the party.





This water is straight off the mountain. It's ice ice cold. And somehow I forget how cold it truly is. First thing Grandma told us, " Remember that when your feet start tingling, time to get out!" We all laughed, but that tingling came all to quickly. But there is something about that tingling feeling as a kid, you notice it, you feel it, but you just don't care. My kids are no exception.








Fearless. It's one of the biggest things I miss as a child and this sweet girl is as fearless as they come. Here she stands in front of the little water pit that when she stands inside goes up to her shoulders. And this sweet girl jumped in and out and frozen her chicken nugget bum right off. And she enjoyed every second of it.


Milo joining in with Emma.



Sweet Ella. Loved Grandma Foote's boats and wanted to pull them around all day.




















And we have to hang out on the porch swing. So many memories on this, it's a shame we didn't have this when we were younger.





Milo won't smile. How rude.





I love going to her house. I start to feel like a child again. I want to sit out on the deck and have Grandma's amazing fingernails scratch my back. (they aren't anything different but she gives you the best best best back-scratches)



Goodbye lovely house and yard. Till we get brave enough to take on the water again!



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oh Heather... this post made me cry. Well, everything does these days. Thanks for capturing it all so beautifully. This is one of my favorite places and some of my favorite people in the whole world. Can you share those pictures with us? They are priceless.